Monday, April 7, 2008

Come here, What to Expect.

I'm going to stab you in the face. Last week it was hemorrhoids, this week: Beginning somewhere around the middle to end of your second trimester, your enlarging uterus swells enough to push your abdomen forward, making your navel pop out like a timer on a well-done turkey.

Wow. Thanks. Again, very well done. You give me a whole new outlook on pregnancy. Isn't there like a cute analogy that would have worked better? I'm having enough of a time here ruing the fact that I have failed to have the effortless pregnancy. You know, the one where you barely even notice that you're pregnant? Yeah, I don't know what that is. But I had planned on having one and that my effervescent personality and easy going nature throughout this process would yield a very pliable, happy, easy going infant. Instead, Benjamin will probably arrive demanding a Malley Margarita, sushi and Bravo competition shows.

And yet, according to one of the most well read books/sites it doesn't matter because at this point I'm supposedly just Preparation H basted poultry.
Thanks for the sunny side of things. Next week is your last chance. Then we're through.

1 comment:

steeler mom said...

see! one more reason to take childbirth classes and not read everything. Ignorance is bliss! If you had waited until the classes, none of this would be new to you!You would have already experienced it! And, Kris would have been blissfully ignorant until then of ALL that is going to happen. But no, you just HAD to read all about it!
The reading is much more fun AFTER baby arrives and you start obsessing because he is late getting his first tooth, or really smiling, or rolling over!
Children are so much fun! But we love them!