So we got a note in the mail today from our friends the Gillilands, who are the coolest 60-somethings you'd ever want to know, everything we've ever learned about sneaking liquor into a football game we learned from them. Well, they were wondering if we'd like the season tickets they've been generously offering us for the past 5 years. Really great seats- WF (35 yard line) Row 20. This brought me face to face with some uncomfortable realizations. Such as, babies change everything, even football season and fall rituals, like kegs and eggs. And the fact that we will probably never drive that far with a baby for just one weekend. Also babies need their own tickets and I would never subject my child to the Carfley family in the row behind us until their eardrums were fully developed.
That isn't all- the list of things that will change can best be summed up in the following video of Kris on the last leg of our 12 hour pilgrimage for the Notre Dame game, just 7 short months ago.
1. Driving 75 mph in a 55 mph zone.
2. Taking Route 522 instead of the safer yet slower 322.
3. Interpretive dance while driving - I can just hear myself screaming "Hands on the wheel!!"
4. Direct eye contact with camera - same, "Eyes on the road!!!"
5. Loading up the entire width and breadth of an Expedition, with food, beer and and gear.
6. Videotape of anything but the baby.
7. Meatloaf at extreme levels of volume.
8. Singalongs to Meatloaf at any volume.
3 comments:
Scary thing is, I've driven this route so many times, I know EXACTLY where you are when this video is being shot. When you zoomed by the DQ, I had a desire to pull over and get a twist cone...
I have a suggestion for you kris- take a class in american sign language! then you can get all of the signs right, and do it one handed!One of our projects was to do a song- i am going to a class as an alum on monday- maybe i will just show your video instead! Well, maybe not- there were a few rough places!
Steph- you will have to limit his signing music when you are driving as a family!
Aubrey was transfixed watching this video. So maybe that's all you will need to do for long car rides to entertain Benjamin. :) And I can't believe they would require a ticket for a baby! it isn't like the little guy would even be using his own seat when he is under one year old!
Post a Comment