Thursday, March 13, 2008

That's right you're not from Texas

From The Corner this morning:
Something I'd never thought I'd read (from today's Scranton Times-Tribune): "New York Sen. Hillary Clinton has something in common with former Republican Sen. Rick Santorum." It's negative ratings: "A large percentage of Pennsylvania voters dislike both of them."Hillary actually has it worse: "In fact, greater percentages of voters here have consistently viewed Mrs. Clinton more unfavorably than Mr. Santorum, according to a review of data from a respected statewide poll."

Yikes. I can tell you all how that will work out.

FYI- this blog post quickly deteriorated into a Screw You Keystone State meme; complete with "I used to call you Pennsyltucky behind your back to my friends when I'd go home from college." and "Yeah Pennsylvania how do you like being a donor state to the national highway transportation system now? Hmm?? It's too bad Rick could get you $1.17 back for every dollar you sent to Washington, but hey 95 cents is almost as good right? Nevermind that 80% of heavy truck traffic east of the Mississippi goes through PA. Don't worry about it." and "You used to be my favorite commonwealth- NO MORE- Virginia's got it covered; beaches, mountains, Charlottesville- please, you can't compete." and "Your license plates are ugly." and most devastatingly; "The mills are never coming back. Rick Santorum got you the nation's first Coal-to-Liquid plant in Schuylkill County, so there was a chance for your most shit kicking towns to come back, cause Lord knows they've got plenty of slack coal. But you knew better." "Why don't you go cut yourself Pennsylvania, because that has to beat the pain of being you; and then maybe you'll feel better. Remember no one can like you until you learn to love yourself first."

But then I thought, egh, why kick a state while it's down, and I'm pretty much over the whole thing anyway; so instead, I'll just post this picture that I developed on Saturday from a random disposable camera. It's from the Inaugural Ball in 2005.

Kris, Me, the Boss and Karen

No comments: