Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Big, fat fabulous news!

Baby G has arrived!!! And while I'm not in a hurry to betroth my son to just anyone quite yet she would certainly be my first choice. Not only is she is absolutely darling but she was born to a pair of really great parents. Ok, I don't actually know if they're great parents yet, but they are really fun and funny people and great friends. And we generally trust their opinion on lots of things. Kris and Joe have been friends for 20 years and then we all went to college together. Kris and I also have a general rule that we allow Joe and Nicole to make all major life changes 6 months to a year ahead of us. Like graduate college, get married, buy a house, have babies, etc. They sort of pave the road over and we just coast along behind them. So far it's worked out great. And they already had tons of advice, suitably tailored to our personalities. Nicole and I have already begun working out the itinerary for Move-In Weekend 2026. Hopefully by then Kris and Joe will have come near to completing their Zeno's Passport and the children (ok teenagers) can watch them receive their plaque on the wall. But in all likelihood and in typical fashion someone will have forgetten their passport at home and we'll just go to the Cafe. OH! And we asked them about the classes!
Kris: "So did you guys take that childbirthing class?"
Joe: " I actually wanted to, but Nicole didn't want to know anything about what was going to happen."
See? That's why we're friends.
Here is the very lovely Ava Grace:


Lucky for you child, you look like your mama.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That is an incredibly adorable newborn!!

Sarah said...

And also, Zeno's looks super cool. Does the "passport" mean you drink a beer from each country in one night??

Steph said...

I know isn't she so cute! Zeno's passport- it's an Around the World in 80 Beers type of thing, you get a stamp for each beer from different countries. And when you get 80 you get a plaque and a t-shirt I think. Your cfollege poverty level precludes you from finishing while your at school bc half the beers are like $7.

Steph said...

Umm apparently I can't spell this morning.

Sarah said...

Whoa. Getting weird deja vu about Zeno's now. I think we have had this conversation already.

Steph said...

Those beers are not $7... in fact you can get most of what you need on $3 beer night on thursday.... Zeno's rules.