It’s 5:40 and we haven’t figured out the interent access yet so I'm blogging offline until we do. We are here! But we’re all alone. No one else is here yet. So we wait, well I wait while Kris sleeps off the road gremlins. 
The drive was very easy, I even did two shifts. We got here super early and had lunch at Five Guys. Alternate yum and barf. So good but you hate yourself. We got everything we need in terms of groceries, we’re totally unpacked, I freshened up (Puerto Rican shower) changed clothes, put on make up and I sit fresh as a lily. Waiting.
Yeah ok I said Puerto Rican shower, I’m Italian, we make fun of Puerto Ricans – it’s part of our ethnic identity here in America. You won’t get it unless you’re lucky enough to be Italian yourself. FYI this makes things very funny for me when Christ Matthews says things like, “Be sure to tune in to MSNBC for results from the Puerto Rican primary.” I chuckle to myself and think of a parade of Monte Carlos and flags, Gloria Estafan (she’s Cuban, I know but they love her) and ballots being stuffed into piñatas. WHAT? Can you believe I just said all that? I know.
So why on earth are we waiting? Well 2/3 of Kris’ family is at the “family business” convention, always held the week before Lynch family vacation. So they have stuff to do, but they’ll be here. Someday. I’m miz right now.
Also they’re Irish so the family business is totally legit. Not like those Falcones.
In the meantime I’ll just enjoy the view from my room.
The drive was very easy, I even did two shifts. We got here super early and had lunch at Five Guys. Alternate yum and barf. So good but you hate yourself. We got everything we need in terms of groceries, we’re totally unpacked, I freshened up (Puerto Rican shower) changed clothes, put on make up and I sit fresh as a lily. Waiting.
Yeah ok I said Puerto Rican shower, I’m Italian, we make fun of Puerto Ricans – it’s part of our ethnic identity here in America. You won’t get it unless you’re lucky enough to be Italian yourself. FYI this makes things very funny for me when Christ Matthews says things like, “Be sure to tune in to MSNBC for results from the Puerto Rican primary.” I chuckle to myself and think of a parade of Monte Carlos and flags, Gloria Estafan (she’s Cuban, I know but they love her) and ballots being stuffed into piñatas. WHAT? Can you believe I just said all that? I know.
So why on earth are we waiting? Well 2/3 of Kris’ family is at the “family business” convention, always held the week before Lynch family vacation. So they have stuff to do, but they’ll be here. Someday. I’m miz right now.
Also they’re Irish so the family business is totally legit. Not like those Falcones.
In the meantime I’ll just enjoy the view from my room.
No comments:
Post a Comment