BEFORE
Friday, September 26, 2008
More like staples and screws.
I bought this table and chairs off of craigslist like 3 years ago, and I've been meaning to recover the seats ever since. The set came with 5 chairs, which was always awkward, so I moved one of the chairs upstairs to be a desk chair. And I had a slightly too large toile slip cover on it. Well one night, I cut Kris' hair outside and we left one of the kitchen chairs out there. And the dew wreaked havoc on the varnish, (but it's not even good wood to start with) So for 6 months we've only had 3 Kitchen chairs. Sorry- this is a lot of info to tell you that I sanded down the one chair and painted it black, and recovered the seat to match my bed linens. Kris bought me a super staple/nail gun and he said if he bought it I HAD to recover the other chairs. Fine, twist my arm. I ordered polka dot fabric and it came in yesterday! SO here are the results!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, Steph, that is fabulous! The chairs look great--
Good job! I have a nice approaching antique telephone table/seat thing that needs a seat....it was my grandmother's. Wow, Kris bought you your own power tool! What a guy!!!!!!!
Could those chairs be any cuter? I love them!
Post a Comment