Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy 2 Month Birthday Ben!

So, as you're probably beginning to realize your mom is a bit of a deadbeat. She never wrote out your 1 month birthday letter. But let me give you the gist of it, - TIME OUT- Ben you shoulder part of the blame here, while your arrival was certainly exciting, you didn't provide us with many accomplishments besides eating, sleeping and spectacular pooping. But umm, back to me and my deadbeatedness. I would have told you that we can't imagine our lives without you, you are hilarious, it was the longest and shortest month of our lives and we love you more and more every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. So that's that.
Month 2 is a whole new story: this month you've learned to smile, coo and hold your head up on your own. Tummy time is still your least favorite activity, possibly tied with Brody's facials, wherein he uses his tongue to clean your face. I understand your objections.
You're still a great cuddler and we both enjoy our naps with you. You're holding yourself up so much better too. You are remarkably flexible, no nipple confusion for you. Bottle, boob it's all the same to you- I appreciate your easy going nature. You seem to be an extrovert, you're much happier on days we get out of the house and allow people to marvel at your handsomeness. This might mean you're a narcissist but we can deal with that later. Remember, we'll pay for college OR therapy, the choice is yours. You're outgrowing your cradle which pains me terribly for two reasons, and in two different places. I can move you to your crib, which would hurt my heart and eventually my back because I'll wind up sleeping on the floor next to you OR I can move the pack and play (really it's the Graco Elite Travel Crib) upstairs to our room and lose my downstairs diapering station. That strategic option would hurt my thighs and glutes as I would have to carry you upstairs every time you needed a change. (WHY did I insist on a two story house? Jeez) Hmm... (Shut up, I can hear every one of you blog readers thinking about how beneficial that move might be for the aforementioned body parts. I get it.) Back to Ben:
You are losing your hair, it is funny. It's very male patterned and it makes you look like your great-grandfather. Who we all love, so it's very endearing.
You are so much fun, it's so fun to see you explore the world around you. You reached up and touched my face for the first time last week, and your expression was priceless: "WHOA, you're real!"
I'm sorry you had to have shots today. Your cries made me feel like I was being stabbed. In the heart. But you simmered down as soon as I could face you towards me. I'm still terribly flattered that you like me so much. The feeling is mutual. You're sleeping 8 hours a night, and we all love that. Did I mention you're very adorable? Your eyes are changing color, they're still bluish on the outsides, but appear to be green in the middle. We'll see. Your eyelashes are spectacular. OK it's very late. So we're off to bed. You and me.Here are your month 2 stats (ok so some of you may recognize this feature and think I'm ripping off Littlemanchase, well yes I am, Christina is brilliant and I want to be her- so there):
Weight: 11.2 lbs
Length: 23 inches
Head Circumference: 41 cm. (I'm sorry, you get that big head from me, it's not figurative, we have BIG heads)
This animal band is great!

Nudie booty

This was a bold move on your dad's part, you rewarded him with dryness.

Look I can hold this big head up on my own!

Milk mustaches are so passe, this season's look is the milk soul patch.

So big!

Whew! That bath was rough!

Off to church on your 2 month birthday! (Or the seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost- you can assign the importance as you choose.)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my god I can not wait for Thanksgiving so I can see this little bug in person. He is so precious.

Also, one way to be like Christina is a vote for Obama! ha ha.

No, seriously.

Becky said...

Happy 2 months Ben! He just keeps getting cuter by the day. And hooray for sleeping well, that makes such a huge difference in being able to function. Of course the less talked about milestone is when the mommy starts sleeping through the night...I confess that I still get up once or so per night to check on Aubrey.

steeler mom said...

ok- first of- where are my videos of these accomplishments?!!!! Since he will be onto bigger and better things by the time i see him again, I really expect some videos to make long-distance grandmothering more bearable (is it wrong to be jealous of my friends whose children and GRANDCHILDREN live within a reasonable drive?) :(
second- I cannot decide who is cuter in the church picture.... I will have to upgrade and decide who is cuter and who is more handsome- what a pair!!!!!
third- i need more pics more often! I can't believe he is almost out of the cradle! I hope Kris or you got some nice ones of the cradle and Ben in it. I need to make a "pass along" pack for the next cradle dweller, and pictures would be good (mine weren't so good)
Keep up the lovin, you're doign great!