Now I AM REALLY HAVING A HEART ATTACK.
So we're planning to potentially evacuate tomorrow sometime, we'll know more about where the hurricane is headed in the morning so then we'll decide for sure. We don't even know where we're going yet, we've been offered shelter in Marietta but have been warned to avoid going towards Atlanta- supposedly it took twelve hours to get to Macon last time. Macon is 122 miles away.
I am absolutely paralyzed with fear. There's so much we don't know, I mean I guess we'll sand bag our doors? Do we hang plywood over the windows? How do you hang plywood if you have vinyl siding???? We have no disaster plan! No joke, I was more prepared for a nuclear attack on the U.S. Capitol than I am for a hurricane and my home. I am serious, I kept scrubs in the bottom drawer of my desk so that I could get out of my clothes should they become covered with nuclear fallout. Not only that, I kept the fly away kits at my house, so even if we all died, your parents would still get a condolence letter from the Senator on official letterhead.
I'm taking everything, china, silver, crystal, photo albums, dead pets in urns. It's all coming, bc Becky and Andy were ROBBED the last time they evacuated! Can you imagine anything worse? Not only will I be worrying about inches of water ruining everything on my first floor, and my roof being ripped off and ruining everything on the second floor, I now need to worry about burglars?!!!! So now among my shopping list for tomorrow Kris has instructed me to call the HOA to make sure the gates will be locked.
I sit here alternately ready to bust out of my skin and run off in one hundred different directions or being totally unable to move off of the couch. I AM SO SCARED!
3 comments:
Right now, the German radio is talking about your hurricane--- we love you and know that you have the strength to get through this.
DUDE!
You'll be in our thoughts!
Post a Comment