On several different occasions I've been accused of speaking different forms of gibberish. It's true, but I'm not alone, Kris speaks this code language and anyone listening in would be positively terrified. I think. But it's funny to me. Did I mention I think one of the side effects of the spinal was that I think EVERYTHING is funny? Here's some code words we're using these days:
Chasing the Dragon - Derives from Sippy Cups - applies to both my sister and Kris. Sissy finally started reading my blog because there's baby stuff and according to her, "it just wasn't that interesting before" and Kris because he wants another baby immediately, the effects of oxytocin are raging on him.
Ride the Snake or Riding the Snake: comes from the most ridiculous SNL skit ever, means to be totally amped up unnaturally in order to lose weight or stay awake. Kris has been riding the snake in order to stay up in between feedings. "I'll make coffee, I'm going to ride the snake tonight". I used to ride the snake at work and wouldn't even know I was until MR or TP would take note of the wild thrashing of papers on my desk and say, "Whoa some one's riding the snake"
Ultra Violence: what we've been calling the Baby Tan 2000. "Shall we put him under the ultra violence?" The first time I heard Kris say that I thought of our cat Violet who we called every "V" name under the sun: Velvet, Vicious, Violins, Velcro, Vehemoth (not a word) and Violence. So when he said it I thought of Violet wearing a red bandanna and wielding machine guns. I about died laughing.
Wait- there are more- I made a list! Where's my list?! I'll find it somewhere amongst the breast feeding and diaper changes log
No comments:
Post a Comment