Asleep with Grandma
1 week old!
We got great news today! Benjamin's bilirubins are now down to 11 and we were able to take him off the Baby Tan 2000! Ok, he wasn't on it last night at all, so it's not that we are able to take him off it's that we don't have to feel guilty about not putting him under the light. Since bilirubins are rid from the body via poop, we decided that we would focus on feeding last night, and hopefully producing more poop, instead of trying to calm him all night and then trying to wake him back up to eat and then calming him in the light - it was a terrible menace- all of it.
At one week old, Ben weighs 7 lbs. 10 ounces. Battling back to his starting weight and Dan Connor neck. Dan Connor the football player- not Roseanne's husband. We continue to struggle with latching so we're headed to the lactation consultant tomorrow. Woot. That was a sarcastic woot, if you couldn't tell.
I had my appointment with my Dr today and everything looks great, he couldn't believe how easily I laid down and got back up on my own. I can drive if I want, but I'll prefer to ride in back with baby for a long time. Unless Kriscontinues to decide that I need to know exactly how big the dead armadillos are on the side of the road by showing me with BOTH HANDS- one more time and I'll do the driving.
Helpful hint- I bought two Edible Arrangement bouquets to my appt. (1 for Dr. Smith and 1 for the office staff) and they were a BIG hit. I highly recommend. They're adorable and not all that expensive- if there's a store near you I say go early or call, bc when I got there they only had 3 left- made fresh every day!
This week has been the longest and shortest of my entire life. I have to say I'm mainly glad it's over, the last 3-4 days have been brutal and I'm so looking forward to just hanging out with Ben and not forcing him to do anything he doesn't really want to do. Except nurse. Or poop. Or learn some Penn State fight songs- season starts in 6 weeks- time is short. (KV -thanks for the reminder!) OK, so he won't get his way all the time, but I'll get him all the time so that will be a major improvement.
I can't believe he's here, I love that he wasn't so big that he doesn't get to wear his newborn outfits, they're absolutely adorable. Ok everything to do with him is adorable.
We got great news today! Benjamin's bilirubins are now down to 11 and we were able to take him off the Baby Tan 2000! Ok, he wasn't on it last night at all, so it's not that we are able to take him off it's that we don't have to feel guilty about not putting him under the light. Since bilirubins are rid from the body via poop, we decided that we would focus on feeding last night, and hopefully producing more poop, instead of trying to calm him all night and then trying to wake him back up to eat and then calming him in the light - it was a terrible menace- all of it.
At one week old, Ben weighs 7 lbs. 10 ounces. Battling back to his starting weight and Dan Connor neck. Dan Connor the football player- not Roseanne's husband. We continue to struggle with latching so we're headed to the lactation consultant tomorrow. Woot. That was a sarcastic woot, if you couldn't tell.
I had my appointment with my Dr today and everything looks great, he couldn't believe how easily I laid down and got back up on my own. I can drive if I want, but I'll prefer to ride in back with baby for a long time. Unless Kriscontinues to decide that I need to know exactly how big the dead armadillos are on the side of the road by showing me with BOTH HANDS- one more time and I'll do the driving.
Helpful hint- I bought two Edible Arrangement bouquets to my appt. (1 for Dr. Smith and 1 for the office staff) and they were a BIG hit. I highly recommend. They're adorable and not all that expensive- if there's a store near you I say go early or call, bc when I got there they only had 3 left- made fresh every day!
This week has been the longest and shortest of my entire life. I have to say I'm mainly glad it's over, the last 3-4 days have been brutal and I'm so looking forward to just hanging out with Ben and not forcing him to do anything he doesn't really want to do. Except nurse. Or poop. Or learn some Penn State fight songs- season starts in 6 weeks- time is short. (KV -thanks for the reminder!) OK, so he won't get his way all the time, but I'll get him all the time so that will be a major improvement.
I can't believe he's here, I love that he wasn't so big that he doesn't get to wear his newborn outfits, they're absolutely adorable. Ok everything to do with him is adorable.
3 comments:
I love his chubby cheeks, I just want to kiss them! That top picture of him in his swaddle me blanket is so adorable I can't stand it. I am so glad that the jaundice thing is better, and I hope that your visit with the lactation consultant is helpful. Hang in there, I know from personal experience that breastfeeding can be really, really hard. Once you get through this first learning/adjusting period you will be so glad that you stuck with it. You both will be pros before you know it.
Thanks Beck! We got your really, REALLY adorable card! I appreciate your support and tips so much!
Oh my gosh! I am totally IN LOVE with him. He is so adorable. Love the dinner party by the way... classy!
Hope this week is going much better than last.
Post a Comment