Thursday, August 28, 2008

Well shut my mouth and slap my silly.

Who knew that I needed calling cards? I SHOULD have known. I bet Garrett and the Marietta moms knew. In the last week I've gotten calling cards from moms I've met at the grocery store and Homegoods. They're so adorable and say things like: The Saxons- a fun family. I don't know what ours would say, maybe, The Lynches- No DUIs yet. I don't know. But how cute, to say, when your baby's bigger, give us a call and then hand out a card with your contact info! I of course love this, because I love stationary . The most dangerous fiscal moment of the month is when the American Stationary catalog arrives. I'm just bummed I didn't have one ready to hand back.

So yesterday I had a few minutes to kill before picking up Brody from the vet so I stopped into La Paperie to see Gary to ask him about getting me some calling cards and to prove that I'm no longer pregnant. A. I love La Paperie and could spend hours there and thousands of dollars B. I love Gary who is a riot and did a beautiful job on Sissy's shower invitation.



Anyway, Gary gasped appropriately when I asked about them and suggested I wait until next week until the new Boatman Geller papers arrive - I LOVE Boatman Geller. Well then, at the exact same moment we had the same thought: Birth Announcements. I filled with dread and Gary saw dollar signs as he said,
"Well, girl what about the birth announcements! We need to announce this baby to the world!"
Me:" Oh! (nervous laugh) I, umm, (deep breath, 2 shallow breaths) I actually had them done on Shutterfly. (hangs head in shame/pretends to be interested in some colored pens)
Gary (in horror): SHUTTERFLY?!
Me: They wound up being adorable and with so much of our family out of town I wanted people to be able to see him. (Now defensive) And besides you would have convinced me to have them engraved!!
Gary: And why not?! He's only born once!

It would appear that I will need to spend some serious coin in order to fully repair my relations with La Paperie.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh! I totally want calling cards!! They just did a thing on this on GMA a few mornings ago. They are such a good idea. Maybe we can get them together and Gary can give us a two-fer?

Zack said...

Ummm, could you please warn your male readers next time you write an entry like this? I need to go now and drink a beer, cut the grass on my John Deere tractor, and perhaps shoot a living animal just to feel good about my manliness...