Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Church Service!

This is my church outfit, you can tell I'm a boy because there aren't as many ruffles and there's a little blue. h/t Uncle Mitch

Wink!

Ben went with his mom and dad to church on Sunday! It was a nerve wracking affair for mom as it seemed like every whimper, coo and burp was amplified (geez doesn't anyone know an acoustics engineer who could fix that?) to the point that I was certain the acolytes were judging me. But after a quick bottle, Ben kindly passed out before we even got to the childrens' sermon. Ben was a major hit, everybody just loved him (how could you not?) and said he was so beautiful (which I think he is) and they all loved his outfit.

Crazy- we sat behind the Smiths, who are the cutest couple you've ever known, and they have 5 children and 14 grandchildren, not only that, two days after Joanie had their 5th baby Bob left to go back to Vietnam (or Korea? I forget) for 2 years. So Joanie knows her stuff- anyway- I was giving him the bottle and he was about halfway through and he started making this funny sound I can't quite explain, but Joanie turned around and said, "honey, that baby needs a burpin'" (she also has the most precious Savannah accent- you'd die- choir sounds like Kwaa- so it was doubly cute to hear her say it.) Well anyway I sat Ben up and he BELCHED. I had no idea. Since then whenever he does it I know he's ready to burp and he totally rewards me with big ones!

No comments: