Saturday, August 23, 2008

Surgery and Saturdays with Fay

Kris had surgery on Thursday and everything went really well- as best we can tell so far. The only mishap was his reaction to anesthesia- major vom. Last time, I was in the throes of morning sickness and when he threw up on me I threw up right back on him- we repeated that dance a few times. This time I was in a much better place and when he filled up the little kidney barf bowl I flipped over the plate cover from his dinner. Quick thinking, right? Wait- is this too much info?
Ben spent the day with Tamara and Grey, and he loved it. I loved it too, I knew he was in really good hands. It was absolutely crazy to be home alone all night with Ben, it was the weirdest feeling not to have Kris rounding out the trio. We are all very glad he's home. Really, the craziest thing was trying to get to the hospital while Tropical Storm Fay whipped all around us. Last night the wind was blwing so hard it sounded like it was winter- I've never heard wind like that in warm weather.
So this is how we're spending our lazy Saturday, Olympics and cuddling.
Oh the other reason I can't wait for the Olympics to end: that Lenovo commercial. I get it your the official computer of the Olympics but I will scream if I see that little furry man sing, "Sorry that you lost your files, here's some fruit to make you smile, hoo ha hoo ha" one more time.
Ben update- he's losing his hair and what's coming in is much lighter as you can tell by these pictures. He's also losing it in a very male pattern baldness way- it's really funny. His eyes are also changing color- sad- they're much lighter in the middle but not blue- so we'll see how they turn out- I'm still hoping they'll ultimately be just like Kris', but I'll still love him if they're not.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kris does not look fit to be having a baby in his hands...let alone balancing on his belly. But I still love him!!

Sarah said...

WHAT?!?!?! Kris had surgery???

Hope you are feeling better!!

Laura said...

I love the lttle half smile he has in on of the pictures!