Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Vacation all I ever wanted...

Who wouldn't want to hang out with these people?

I can't believe we're leaving for family vacation in 2 days!!!! Seriously I wait ALL year for this! And for the record, don't call it the Lynch Family Reunion in Hatteras, it's properly titled Family Vacation in the Outer Banks- it's a sensitive topic.

I'm pretty well packed- mentally, I just have one more Target run, a pedi and a quick run through Ross before I'm declared "ready." I'm a bit nervous about sitting in the car for 6 hours, especially considering we're not even sure which car we're taking. Options:

1. The Cabby, this is by far the favored vehicle for this trip as it allows me to get tan in transit, it's fun and it would be the last time we'd drive it to the OBX. Decent on gas mileage, but no passenger side airbag, minimal trunk space. Hmmmf.

2. The Jetta, speedy, plenty of room in the trunk, gets almost 50 mpg. The sunroof is just a sad impersonation of the Cabby.

3. The Expedition. Plenty of room, especially for the amounts of OJ and Cranberry Juice I'll need to travel with, would make transporting the cradle (from Steeler Mom) much easier. Comfortable, cooled seats. HORRIFYING gas mileage.

The debate will rage on in our household until it's time to pack. We're wedded to no option making this even more difficult.

We've gotten a preliminary itinerary from Aunt Martha and woot! It will be a week!
Check it out:
OK everybody, just one week to go!!!! How exciting. Couple of details:
The drink machine comes on Sunday.

We will be having a baby shower on Monday for Steph and Steph.
We are going to have a birthday party for Caroline and Grandma (days to be determined)
We will have another party on Wednesday during the day with a disc jockey and karaoke, just because……
I’m planning the chef night for Thursday.
Plus, too much fun to fit into one e-mail!!!!!


If the other Stephanie wasn't pregnant I'd be pretty bummed about the drink machine. But with two of us not drinking, I have hope that I'll survive. I have to scan the invitation for the baby shower- it's a riot.

In addition to picking a vehicle, Kris and I need to figure out what we're doing for our karaoke numbers. I am of course leaning towards Reba's "Fancy"; Kris will surely perform some Tom Jones. For duets, the best bet would be "I've Got you babe" because I get to be Cher. And really, I could start a career doing Cher impersonations. It's true, I'm not bragging, it's just one of my options. We could do Meatloaf duets, but they're soooooo long. It just gets embarassing for everyone involved. I'm going to really have to think about the duet performance. Suggestions welcome. CRAP! Time out, I just figured it out. It has to be Islands in the Stream. Done. (Send suggestions as back up.)

2 comments:

Christina said...

1. I vote for Islands in the Stream. Or Ghetto Superstar. Same tune, different message. Maybe switch halfway through.

2. Your vacation sounds like so much fun, I am so jealous! Have a great time!!

Kristopher said...

Forget the 3 mentioned... I vote we take the JEEP!!! Even worse gas mileage than the expedtion, NO airbags, slow.... but no top, no doors crusing down the open road... can't beat it... not even with a stick