My exposure to Flannery O'Connor has been minimal, I'd only read a few of her short stories, but LH loaned me an audio version of A Good Man is Hard to Find, and I love her. It's especially great to hear her read it in her crazy, lazy Savannah accent.
My favorite gem: 'But the grandmother had on a navy blue straw sailor hat with a bunch of white violets on the brim and a navy blue dress with a small white dot in the print. Her collars and cuffs were white organdy trimmed with lace and at the neckline she had pinned a purple spray of cloth violets containing a sachet, so in case of an accident anyone seeing her dead on the highway would know at once, she was a lady.'
My kind of gal.
I'm headed to Barnes and Noble so I can bring some Flannery with me to the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment