Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am Gladys Kravitz


That's it! For the 2nd time in 3 weeks untold numbers of sirens have blared past our subdivision and I have no idea what's going on! The last time this happened a dang sugar plant blew up 6 miles from my house and I had no idea. I'm out of the loop because I gave up TV for Lent and will have to wait for Joan to tell me what happened in the morning. This will not stand- I MUST have a police scanner If I'm to sleep peacefully once this baby comes I will need to soothe whatever maternal instincts I have (more on that later) with the sweet cacophony of raw, unfiltered information. Are scanners illegal? Does anyone know? Also if you didn't know Gladys Kravitz was the nosy neighbor on Bewitched who just knew something was not right in the Stephens household. My mother dubbed my sister Michelle, "Gladys" for her uncanny ability to pick up gossip from my mother's friends.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! Congrats on giving up TV for Lent.

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.