Sunday, January 6, 2008

Marietta on our minds....

On Sunday 12.30 we went up to Marietta to have dinner at Mitch and Jaillene's, with David and Raquel who were in town for Christmas. First we had cocktails with Mitch's parents who are the absolute sweetest people you could ever know. Then Jaillene prepared a spectacular dinner, tomato bisque, London Broil, Spinach Artichoke Casserole and a corn pudding. Truly spectacular and beautifully presented as always.
Really, that's one of the best things I learned in knowing Jaillene and Raquel, they really know how to make things beautiful.
Dinner was fantastic, we laughed until we cried and just had a really great time. I'm so grateful that we were all in D.C. at the same time and now we all have Georgia ties that can still bring us together.
Monday we hung out while Jaillene worked in the morning, went to the Varsity for lunch- YUM, chili dogs!- and Jaillene and I went to her sister in law Garrett's house to return some bowls. Garrett has prepared the most gorgeous nursery I have ever seen in real life. I took away lots of great ideas and will take credit for them because most of you will have never seen her nursery!
For dinner we went to Chops, a great Atlanta steakhouse. Mitch and Jaillene's friends were adorable and very sweet to two outsiders like Kris and I. I had the crabcakes and they were awesome- 99.95% crab not cake and Kris had 3 3 0z. filet mignons, one with blue cheese topping, one with aa horseradish and we forget the other. But it was great and we had a big time. We went home early had some red velvet cake, watched a movie and then cringed through the last 10 minutes of Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve.
Tuesday we woke up to Jaillene's tremendous, blueberry french toast casserole! YUM! We watched football until it was time to leave.
So sad to go, I really love being with them, it's like we're family but we are SO luck to be 4 hours away.

No comments: