Tuesday, May 25, 2010
See you in the fall...
Ben finished his first year at the Christ Church Children's School, and for Mama it was so much more emotional than his first day. In fact, it didn't bother me a bit when I dropped him off in September, I was so excited about his new friends, the curriculum, the monogrammed backpack and lunchbox, the smocked outfits... but now I've come to realize an entire school year has gone by in my little boy's life and suddenly, very suddenly, the baby I left in the toddler room, the youngest and smallest in the whole school, won't be either ever again. And even though he'll still be with Fin, Jax, Elliot, Charles, Blue, Jake and Sasha in the 2 year old room next year, they have already outgrown their little lunch table and all their nonverbal cuteness. So yes, someone put both hands and forehead on the steering wheel last Friday afternoon and cried it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, wow. I was just thinking after we talked this weekend, "Little baby Ben is not so little..."
Good thing for you that he is still unbelievably adorable AND an excellent growler.
awwwww, Steph!
Baby Ben!! Chase can't wait to play with him in June and I can't wait to see you guys. It's been way too long. I can't believe he finished his first year of school. He's a genius, obvs.
Post a Comment