Monday, May 3, 2010

Inevitable weird

I was planning to preface this post with something along the lines of: "Not to be weird but check out this guy's pants" but if you're reading this you already know that, when writing, the place I invariably arrive is the hinterlands of weird. You are also aware that I frequently engage in comma abuse. There's no helping it.

I can't believe I forgot to post this before. The picture below was my personal highlight of the Claxton Rattlesnake Round Up. Let's see if you can figure it out.....

Go ahead, click the picture, you know you want to.

I spent a goodly amount of time staring at this man's pants and wondering just how the hell his wife got those creases so razor sharp. Did she iron them? Were they dry when she ironed them or did she take them out of the dryer while they were still slightly damp and then iron them? Could you possibly get a crease like that without an iron? Maybe if you immediately folded them? And then maybe placed the pants in between annotated versions of the U.S. Constitution? (It's a big book) Ooooh maybe she has a mangler. I want a mangler, Martha Stewart uses one, where would I put it? Hmm. I wonder if she uses fabric softener. Which kind? Starch? I guess you'd need to starch them...What does starched denim feel like? What is the purpose of creased jeans at a round up? I wonder if he's former military. Oh, weird, I remember in the eighth grade, Matt Rathke asked ME if my mom ironed my jeans. She just put them on hangers right away. I didn't even own a pair of jeans until the 7th grade. Interesting. David Sours has only worn jeans twice in his life.

And that's how it went.

I would additionally like to point out there are those out there who would judge this man by his hunting boots, and his Carhart jacket and the fact that he sits on a camo chair and spends his time wrangling snakes and lassoing catfish, but look at those pants and you'll realize you don't him at all.

2 comments:

steeler mom said...

YOu're right, that was a wierd post. I figure he somehow has them on backwards....

Kristopher said...

Believe it or not, that man is wearing a bona fide pair of 'snake boots' .. yes, they make boots for hunting (or avoiding being bit by) snakes... and of course, on the way back from the rattlesnake roundup, i saw a big sign at the local store that said "SNAKE BOOTS ON SALE!".. as for the jeans.. well that guys doesn't mess around.