
Last week I was talking with Sharon, one of the high school youth group girls about her upcoming birthday. She said, "I'll be 17 in 11 days!!! I'm so excited."
Me: "Oh! 17! (head tip to the right shoulder, smile, sigh, a glance cast heavenward)
Sharon: "Yeah, I can't wait to be 17, I'm sick of being 16."
(Stephanie's reverie interputed, head snaps to attention, eyes very serious now), I said to her without irony, hesitation or frankly an existential awareness of what was about to be wrenched from my inner soul: "Sharon, hold on to 16 as long as you can."
As Kelli would say, "And the circle closes..."
3 comments:
very wise! now I want to see how you handle that which is happening in the previous blog! Don't let him grow too fast!
Oh, so wise. Especially since changes come around real fast 'n make us women and men.
yeah, life goes on...
jeez, what a depressing song.
Post a Comment