Yes, we got another dog. He only had 36 hours left to live and someone had cruelly docked his tail and I couldn't bear that this little thing would only have known cruelty in his short life, so I convinced Kris to let me take him home. He's so sweet and so mellow, a total opposite of Brody's puppyhood. So whoever had him docked his tail and neutered him at a very young age, which makes us all suspect that he was going to be used as a bait dog for training pit bulls to fight. It's just too sad to think about. He's desperate for love and cuddles, during his short stay at animal control (they only have 5 days before they are either rescued or put down) he was comforted by the Great Dane in the cage next to him, who would lick him through the cage. Sigh. But he's got a great life now, he's learning the ropes- only one accident in the house so far- I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to let him out- he has learned to "sit" and he loves to chase after dragonflies and butterflies in the backyard. He came with the name Toby and we're going to keep it we think it will help us stop calling Brody, Brady. I just adore my new fella!
Brody putsToby in his place
This video is also useful because it illustrates that Kris is secretly an old Italian man. He wears black dress socks all the time, even with his lawn mowing outfit. On Saturday he even came downstairs wearing an undershirt and the bottom half of his suit. Who's the deigo now?
3 comments:
Awwww! He's so cute! Love the ear!!
He is so cute! Also, my mom might tell you you're crazy but I think having 2 dogs is way better than having 1, especially when you have a baby. They entertain each other!
I can't wait to meet Toby!! He is so adorable!
Sweet puppy!
Post a Comment