Here begins the newest feature of the lynchpins and needles. It's called Stephanie says... (those of you who are up on your pop culture will get the reference, those who don't are terribly uncool- sorry facts are facts)
But since this blog really started in earnest as a pregnancy journal and then a baby journal, I think it will help me to keep it up dispensing advice to those 7 new mamas to be. You are free to offer your advice and I'll post as addendums- just email me.
This post is about the things I just can't live without and are by far the best purchases I've made (oh if I get explicit permission from Little Man Chase's mom I'll post the email she sent me on this topic- but she's clearly on methamphetamines when she wrote it- it's so funny but I need permission)
1. Fischer Price Soothing Motions glider- It's $6 cheaper at Walmart and believe me you'll need those savings to buy yourself some Yellow Tail. Ben has spent most of his 5 months in this bad boy, literally every night of his first 4 weeks, it was so easy and comforting to have him in there, and it's a great napping spot, it takes up no room and it's totally portable.
2. Summer Video Monitor- register for it someone who loves you will buy it. It's mandatory. I would not sleep without this thing. Make sure you get the grey and blue one, Christina's white one has broken 2 times.
3. Graco gravity fold strollers- yes there are way hipper cooler models, but this closes with one hand and opens with one hand and it's light and easy and the best thing ever. You're in and out of the stroller and it's in and out of the car. Click one hand fold for a demo at the link. My sister had done all the research for me, so it was any easy move to get this but I wouldn't trade it for any other stroller.
4. Pampers Sensitive wipes- not messing around they're the best. If you see them at Costco or Sam's buy $100 worth, you have no idea when they're coming back. HOARD THEM. Otherwise you'll be stuck using the Huggies Sensitive which are only half as good as long as they're warmed. Or you have to buy them retail. Just stock up- buy now.
5. Some things to register for that you won't think you'll need but you will- bottles, microwave sterilizer, bottle brushes, dishwasher rack. Save the samples of formula you get from your ob you might need them.
That's it for now- more to follow. Including, what not to buy.
1 comment:
If Stephanie doesn't mind I will add the Swaddle Me. For the first four months of Sam's life it was the thing I loved most in the world after Sam. I actually cried at her four month check-up when the dr. said we had to quit cold turkey because she could roll over.
Post a Comment