I've discovered that if for some reason you're unable to blog for a few days, ideas just begin to pile up in your brain and it makes it that much harder to start again because you have so much to say and getting it all out in order is such a mess. So consider this a mind sweep.
1. So I watched the Barbara Walters special for the part about Sarah Palin, and they showed the clip of Katie Couric asking her besides Roe v. Wade and related cases (Casey v. Planned Parenthood) what other Supreme Court cases does she disagree with. And you know what? That tripped me up. So I sat there thinking if I were her how would I have answered? I mean ok, everybody gets to say Dred Scott. Done. But I think K.C. said in the last 30 years. I sat for about 3.5 minutes mulling it over before I could get to anything, that would make for some bad tv. Here's what I came up with. First I had to think about recent publicized cases. Ok- Bush v Gore, I agreed with that. Heller was just decided but I agree with that. Then McConnell v. FEC, but as John McCain's running mate there's no way in hell I can say that. So finally 3.5 minutes in I get to Kelo v New London. And then shortly after that I get Boumediene v. Bush and then Grutter v Bollinger. All except Kelo (eminent domain) are really hot button issues and bound to get you into shit with someone especially during an election. Bullshit question.
2. I read this great article by Caitlin Flanagan about YA novels, Twilight and what adolescent girls want. I love it and you should read it.
3. Ugh I'm hideous, I positively feel that I've never looked worse. I'm this walking nomination form for the original Extreme Makeover. Someone call Dr. 90210. Stat.
4. I think I have some sort of weird amniesiatic effect on people. Relatives and friends will see me once every 6 months and say "wow you look great- have you lost weight?" and in actuality I've probably gained 5 pounds since breakfast that day, but I think they must remember me looking worse than I did, so that seeing me again makes them think I look better when in fact I look worse.
5. I think I have to start taking glucophage again, we're on d39.
6. So many babies on the horizon I can't stand it! 7 that I know of! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment