Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Becky

Today was Becky's birthday! I wonder if she baked herself a cake? She is a fantastic baker and cook. She's always trying new recipes and making things absolutely from scratch. She's very brave. I searched all day for a good picture of us and never found one- we'll have to make sure we get one soon!
Becky has so many attributes that I admire and possess none of. She's measured, disciplined, thoughtful in both process and action. And she's great at Senator wrangling. BEcky would make everyone in our office birthday cards and now I hate birthdays that go by without one of her handmade cards- hint hint. Just kidding, Maureen would write some terrible- I mean great poem in mine. Umm I loved it.

Becky is mom to Aubrey and she really is a great mom, she does all kinds of things I will never do with Ben, like hiking. We'll have to send Ben to Virginia. When I feel like I'm slacking as a mom I think about what Becky would do and I start showing Ben shapes and colors and making up rhymes. She's a great inspiration even far away! Happy Birthday B!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Aw, thanks Steph. Such a nice birthday tribute. Believe it or not I miss making cards for everyone! And no, I didn't make myself a cake--although now that you mention it I have been dreaming up a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting in my head...

Anonymous said...

I miss Becky's cards too! and her yummy desserts!