Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Circus! Part 2: (February 5, 2011)

So the weekend after we went to the Jacksonville Zoo and two weekends after we saw the circus in Savannah we went to Columbia, SC to see the Blue Tour of the circus. IT WAS EPIC. The theme was Barnum's Funundrum, and it was basically what do you need to put on the best circus ever? Mermaids, Egyptians, Chinese Dragons, pirates! It was unbelievable, the costumes, the talent, the clowns, everything was top notch. Because I took so many pictures I put them in a slideshow. The real highlight was our front row seats. It took everything to the next level. Not only were we in the front row but we were directly in front of the confetti cannon. After it was all over Ben looked like he couldn't believe it all happened.
Front row seats forever.
Oh but the unintended consequence of all this fun was that for a period this kid's life was Elephants on Demand. He'd demand to see elephants and fully expect that within 7 days he'd see them.

ADDENDUM: As we were walking in some college students (the arena is on the campus of the University of South Carolina) were protesting on behalf of the elephants (see my thoughts on that in Circus Part 1) which is fine but they were being total jackholes by using their posters and themselves to block the path of the people who were trying to get onto the curb after crossing a pretty busy street. So as we passed I asked Ben "Are you excited to see the elephants?" Ben: "YES!!! ELEPHANTS"
Gloating smirk.



A little video of the closing:

1 comment:

steeler mom said...

those were wonderful circus pics! I bet that was so much fun! I remember ken and kris going to the circus- it was almost more fun watching their expressions than the show!