Monday, March 30, 2009

"I'm pretty sure he could"

He's nine months old.
He can't walk.
He can't talk.
He can't sing.
He can't act.
And he can't dance.

But when I just said to Kris, "I'm pretty sure he could be the next Zac Efron," he says, "I'm pretty sure he could!"

Wow, that's a lot of confidence. But we have reason. Oh, believe me, we have reason.
Ben attended his first pageant yesterday. And kicked ass.
Judge away, we're not worried about your condemnation- we have a TROPHY.

So it was a double pageant, the first pageant was a scouting pageant and the second was a pageant pageant. We entered the first one. It was judged by two agents and the baby just had to wear a white tshirt and jeans. No stage, you just place him on the table and let him flirt away.

And he did. He was amazing, they loved him, the pageant photographer went crazy. There are many many many details about the pageant that I can't get into now BUT I will when I have more energy.

The results.
Well, Ben was the only baby in his 0-18 month boy category. So he won a small trophy and was named Beautiful Faces of Georgia Future Star. Well you can imagine I was kind of pissed that there no other babies to beat like bitches. But whatever, a trophy is a trophy. WELL, after they handed out all the trophies, there were the overalls. You should know that the baby who is the Beautiful Faces Of Georgia Top Model for all boys 0-6 years old... is BEN!!! We were thrilled to hand over our smaller trophy for the bigger one!

So they went through all the crowning mess for the glitz pageant part. And then we were on to the real reason we were there. The scouting tickets. One agent had four to hand out and the other had two. The first number they called- #11, Ben!!! Wooo! Then it's time for the other agent, the first number, #11!! And the crowd gasps in horror. HORROR, like someone died on stage. There were only six slots for the WHOLE PAGEANT and Ben got two of them!!! Afterwards the photographer's mom was telling me that they never do that. That the only reason the two women were able to work so closely was because they don't poach clients, and during judging they're able to say, "You take him, I've got a similar one," or "I don't have a need for that look right now." BUT they both want him!!! One of them said to me, "I will sign him" (emphasis on I, not her) AND THEN the woman who ran the other pageant told me that if Ben wants to compete in the Fresh Faces of Georgia STATE pageant (the prissy pageant) she would cover his entry fee! (It was the prize in his age division if he had entered) We have been drunk on victory for nearly 24 hours.


Photo credit: Christina and her awesome cell phone camera.

(Oh and don't worry, it's not a scam, they had all these pamphlets and a big speech about how you never should have to pay for head shots, etc, etc, that they only make their money off of booking commisions.)

2 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, what an awesome photo (of a very handsome baby -- in fact, some might say the most handsome baby in all of Georgia?). Perhaps you should credit the photographer who snapped such a great shot. With her cell phone.

steeler mom said...

ok- i guess i will have to print that one! Thank you Christina for having the presence of mind to have some sort of camera ready for such an occasion!