Monday, November 26, 2007

We're Pregnant!

What? You mean you didn't just happen to wander over here patiently hoping that we might have posted more adventures in Lynchdom after such a long pause?

You must not know about me. I need major life changing status to propel me into a proper blogitude.

Well then, yes we are going to be parents. WOOT. After two months of glucophage- and it's serious crackhead side effects- I happened to get pregnant. I'll tell you how it happened... no. no. I'll just tell you how I told Kris. I was in the downstairs bathroom where I keep my stach of pregnancy tests and Kris was across the hall taking his pants out of the dryer unaware of the lab I was running in there. The test came back positive and I let out an "Oh my god" and he immediately says "You're pregnant" I said "nooooooooo, Bed Bath and Beyond has these 48 inch prelit outdoor topiary trees, and they're only 49.99 and then I realized that price was for two"

Kris said oh. Well I had always imagined telling him we were having a baby and finding a clever way to tell him, like in a t-shirt or building him a cake. But I was totally unprepared. I ran upstairs grabbed this little burp towel I bought in anticipation of a future baby, it says "Little Dawg Fan" *and I wrapped the test in it ran down stairs and handed it to kris. He unrolled it, dropped it on the floor and basically refused to believe it was true. But it is and I have my first appointment with our doctor on the 14th of December.

*Difference between living in Georgia and anywhere else. If I lived somewhere else I would have no idea where to find a burp towel embellished with a polka dot ribbon and monogramed according to our favorite SEC team.

No comments: